Lakes in Lombardy
A few kilometres from Bergamo you can reach beautiful lakes and vast mountains
- Lake Garda, with its picturesque villages as Sirmione, Peschiera del Garda, Lazise or Bardolino, all bound by the Gardesana state road and reachable with the highway, is rich with historical monuments, castles and fortresses, so it offers a general view on its incomparable history. That is the reason why famous writers and painters such as Catullo, Dante Alighieri, Goethe, Byron and Stendhal choose Lake Garda as their favourite holiday destination: here they are able to find the inspiration they need to give birth to their art.
- Lake Como is a destination with a pure beauty, a marvelous nature and breath-taking views, from where you can walk, relax, discover the peace and enjoy the calm of a holiday. Its characteristic shape, reminiscent of an inverted Y, results from the melting of glaciers combined with the erosive action of the ancient Adda river. This led to the formation of the two southern branches, in the midst of which there is the world popular Bellagio.
- Lake Maggiore is one of the most beautiful Italian lakes and has enchanted the great Italian and foreign artists who have stayed here. It is believed to be the largest of the pre-Alpine lakes, hence the name “Maggiore”, it is of glacial origin and its banks are in Lombardy, Piedmont and Switzerland. Do not miss the fascinating archipelago of the Borromean Islands including Isola Madre, Isola Bella and Isola dei Pescatori
- Lake Iseo, the smallest of Lombardy’s “great lakes,” sits between the Provinces of Bergamo and Brescia. Admittedly, the real pearl of Lake Iseo is Montisola, the largest lake island in all of Europe.
Do you want to discover the beautiful lakes? Click here for an offer!
Mountains in Lombardy
The mountains in the province of Bergamo are guardians of green and unspoilt countryside, and the perfect place for leisure, relaxation and sporting activities both summer and winter.
- The Brembana Valley: Ancient hamlets, folklore, pure nature, culture, food and wine are waiting for you, just a few kilometres away from Bergamo: enjoy the relaxed atmosphere of this Valley and let its verdant vegetation carry you away. Do not miss to visit San Pellegrino, Piazza Brembana, Camerata Cornello
- The Seriana and Scalve Valley: an oasis of peace and relaxation. A taste across excellence, indeed, which will make you discover polenta, Gandino’s corn, Bergamo’s Casoncelli, Scarpinocc filled pasta and our traditional cheese. Moreover, excellent wines will be the perfect companions for this journey. A few kilometres from Bergamo you will find history, art, entertainment and relaxation.
- Camonica Valley: is a true treasure chest full of invaluable artistic and historical jewels, dating from ancient times. The history of Humankind is represented in the Rock Engravings, the first UNESCO site in Italy.